Wicked Witch of the Wool

My adventures in knitting and my daily life on the farm.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Stash enhancement is a beautiful thing



I broke down and went yarn shopping yesterday. With the full intention of only buying a skein or two, I succumbed to the beauty of the Twisted Sister's "Jaywalking" cardigan. I have never done entrelac knitting before, so that will be raising the bar for me. I fell in love with the blues and purples in this variation (different from the picture on the pattern book), and can't wait to get started. However, I still need to finish my second moebius cowl/scarf. It will probably be done either today or tomorrow. Then I need to knit the trim to 3 more Phoebe jackets before I'll allow myself to cast on for the cardigan. I also need to get started on a scarf for the DH out of my handspun Alpaca with a Twist. I've spun maybe 15% of the roving I have, and I've plyed 2 bobbins' worth of gorgeousness. The 2-ply is very nice, but I might have to double up and make a 4-ply out of it, as knitting a scarf in fingering weight might take too long.

Yesterday's weather turned really weird. It started to rain heavily in the afternoon, and once it stopped, the sky turned an ominous red and yellow.



This is the view of my deck, where all of a sudden the leaves had fallen from the trees and are now blowing around on the ground. The ambient light is really erie. After a while, the skies cleared up and blessed us with a gorgeous sunset.





The evening ended with a rare display of feline friendship. George and Cobweb are not friends by any stretch of imagination. However, last night they decided to share the couch without fighting. Feline bliss!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely spam you've got.

I like the picture with the red light. I didn't manage to see that down here, though. I like the kitties!

Thu Oct 05, 06:42:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Maus said...

girl, where'd you get the stash for the twisted sisters cardi?? Is it their original yarn?!? Why didn't you take me there? wohoooooo it looks wonderful, please bring sample tomorrow will ya?

Fri Oct 06, 05:28:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home