Wicked Witch of the Wool

My adventures in knitting and my daily life on the farm.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Eeek-arus gigantuus


Say "hi" to the monster; 10 feet across and a good 5 feet long. That's what you end up with if you use size 6 needles instead of size 3 as the pattern calls for. I really didn't block it that hard, merely stretched it out a little bit to get the right shape going. If I had blocked it to within an inch of its life I'm sure it would have been at least another foot bigger.


The final stretch was, well......quite something. For someone who rarely has to frog, it ended up being "interesting" when I had to tinker back a whole row, row 3 of the edging which counts more than 600 stitches. Then, I wasn't able to get the beads on. The hole in the bead was too small for passing 2 strands of yarn through. Bummer.
I blocked it last night, and that was something else as well. Sitting on the floor with my bad back wasn't exactly my kind of fun, but I managed. I was too excited to wait. I know I could have done a better job, but it was just too painful. I need to get some better pictures as well. Maybe tomorrow.



A new project is already on the needles. I cast on last night for a moebius cowl in the new pink Classic Yarn Cashsoft. I'm not sure yet if I like it, but it's a quick knit.

In other news; I was put in traction yesterday by my physical therapist. It felt good while I was in it, but today I feel like death warmed over. I hope this is only a temporary setback.
I found this quiz on another blog. I guess my result is fairly obvious; Amsterdam. For those of you not in the know, I'm dutch. Fitting, non?

You Belong in Amsterdam

A little old fashioned, a little modern - you're the best of both worlds. And so is Amsterdam.
Whether you want to be a squatter graffiti artist or a great novelist, Amsterdam has all that you want in Europe (in one small city).

3 Comments:

Blogger Maus said...

woooonderful!!! I love the shawl, you can wind and wrap yourself into that thing and be super cozy. It of course looks very stylish on the grande too!
Lemme see what city I come from LOL

Wed Sep 06, 02:46:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Maus said...

ugh, it says London!! that weather would just about kill in one week :)

Wed Sep 06, 02:48:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gargantuan or not, it is absolutely beautiful! Wonderful job.

That quiz puts me in Paris. That sounds too busy. I need somewhere small and quiet. :)

(Do I even want to ask what a traction is? Does NOT sound fun.)

Thu Sep 07, 10:55:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home