Wicked Witch of the Wool

My adventures in knitting and my daily life on the farm.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

UGH!



Not a pretty picture, but that's what you get when you have all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at the same time. I feel like a chipmunk, and I'm getting a little bored with bland, easy to digest food. One of my wisdom teeth broke a few months ago, but it didn't bother me at all. Then all of a sudden it started to hurt. And it hurt a lot. Got an appointment with an oral surgeon, and he said it needed to be extracted. Since I had previously been told that all 4 needed to come out anyway, I decided to get it all taken care of in one sitting.

In knitting news; I finished my Phoebe-jacket! I've worn it a couple of times already, and judging by the comments I have gotten I don't think it will be difficult to get them all sold. The angora trim of the collar really feels luxurious up against my face, and I feel like a high society lady wearing it. I know, I know; it's like putting lipstick on a pig. High society I am not!

I am continuing to work on other jackets, but I am also currently working on a Noro felted purse. I had quite a stash of Noro, but had never knitted with it. It knits up like a dream. It is my own concoction, for some reason I cannot find my 2 Pursonalities books, so I had to invent my own pattern. I am knitting 3 long panels from different skeins, and will be grafting them together. Then I'll make a flap and a strap. Can't wait to see how it will turn out. I'll post a picture once it is done.

Today I'll be heading to Sam's Club with a friend to stock up on groceries, and I have a huge load of laundry to do. Last night I had to "de-burr" my buck Lancelot again. I have no clue where he picks up all these burrs. Can't find the culprits. He is not very happy when I have to pull on his beard, and I had to have Jan help me hold him. I tried to do it on my own, but Lancelot got my number and head butted me in the knee. Needless to say, I gave him a well-aimed kick in the butt.

The fall colors are simply spectacular! I'm hoping to be able to take some pictures later today. It is so pretty in the morning when the sun comes up. Pikes Peak is covered in snow, and the sun makes it glow orange. The aspen are turning yellow, and the scrub oak is varying shades of red, orange, and gold.

Hope you all have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home