Wicked Witch of the Wool

My adventures in knitting and my daily life on the farm.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'm Baaaack!

Contrary to popular belief, I have not been consumed by the aforementioned snake. As a matter of fact, it has not shown shown itself since our first encounter. Nay, I have been suffering terrible hardships at a resort in Keystone. Oy vey! Being a veterinarian, I have to make sure I keep up with new developments in my field, and that includes yearly conferences. It's hard work (said in my best imitation of Dub-ya). The aspen is just starting to turn color, and it is so beautiful up there this time of the year. Stoopid here forgot to bring her camera, so no pics of the gorgeousness. My deepest apologies.

I returned home on Tuesday with a million little trinkets from vendors who want to sell me their whole kit and kaboodle. Since I'm a holistic veterinarian, I don't need all kinds of pharmaceutical products, but if they want to give me their pens, coffee mugs, stuffed toys, etc. who am I to say no?


I continued to spin up the gorgeous alpaca roving yesterday. It drafts like a dream and I can't wait to see the finished product. I can't spin for much longer than 5-10 minutes at a time, so it will likely take a while before I have to full bobbins to ply.


This instrument of torture is my friend. I'm having 3 dates a week with its more modern sister, and it feels really good once I get off the table. I never knew that good ole-fashioned medieval torture could feel so good. By the way, do not google rack + torture + painting. Ever. The amount of filth you'll be exposed to is out of this world. Yuk.

I'll leave you with a last picture to calm your senses. This is the sunrise I watched from my porch last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home