Wicked Witch of the Wool

My adventures in knitting and my daily life on the farm.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Gloomy Thursday

What a perfect day to stay inside and knit.

I've got the crockpot going with a nice brisket and the bread machine is humming with Christy's bread. I'm settled in front of the television with my knitting. One of the SWA mademoiselles (who is soon to become a madame!), Phoebe, has a rather brilliant business venture. She is going to sell angora trimmed denim jackets, and I'm helping out with the production. Right now I'm working on my own jackets so that I will be able to run around town showing it off.

This is how far along I am right now. I've done the collar, the buttonhole lapel, and I'm about halfway done with the other lapel. Once that one is done, I only have the cuffs left to knit. Then comes the real test; I need to sew them on. I am no way, shape, or form a seamstress. I think the "stress"-part of seamstress fits my feelings perfectly.

I wish I could stay inside all day, but I have my last physical therapy session to go to. Unfortunately, it seems like Lady Fortune is not smiling on my recently. A while back I broke my wisdom tooth. It didn't hurt at the time, so being the procrastinator that I am, I didn't go to the dentist. Last night it really started hurting. I know it is too far broken to be repaired, so it needs to come out. My last dentist (who was a horror) said I needed to have all 4 pulled at some time. I guess the time has come. Uff da. I need to make an appointment today, even though the tooth feels much better today. Surely, it will start hurting again soon.

Anyway, this is the view from my living room window. Pikes Peak is hiding in the clouds. Friday night they forecast the snow level to drop to 6,000 feet. We're at 7,000 feet, so we'll get our first snow of the season. I'm tired of the summer, but I had rather hoped to have a long, slow autumn. This is going a little too fast for me. The horses don't even have any winter fuzz yet.



The flies are feeling the cold too and have decided "en masse" to move inside. I've been whacking at them all morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home