Wicked Witch of the Wool

My adventures in knitting and my daily life on the farm.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Learning to Link....

Thank you so much Brie for teaching me how to make a link show up on my page. As I've stated previously, I'm a complete novice when it comes to programming and such.

In knitting news, here are some recent F.O.'s. I tried my hand at a Moebius wrap that was big enough to cover my head and still go around my neck. It is made out of Crystal Palace Merino Frappe and is oh so soft.



Please excuse the early morning uninspired picture. This was my second Moebius, and although I love the result, I think it will be a while before I make a third. I just don't enjoy knitting them.

Another quick knit that I do enjoy is this:



I found it on this blog. I'm currently making a second one in blue....



In other news; I feel cheated. The local meteorologists had predicted a lot of snow for later today. It ain't gonna happen. No fair! We might get a little dusting for a couple of hours, but then it's back to sunny and 60's. I had really hoped for a good amount of snow. I'm sure I'll be sick and tired of snow come April, but at the end of a season I'm so ready for something new.

Yesterday I had the farrier come out to trim my horses' feet. Rayo is my yearling horse. He had a very rough start to his life. He spent 6 days in ICU on oxygen when he was born. Then a few weeks later he was back in ICU with a colic, and we didn't think he was going to pull through. He did, though, but has been a tough nut to crack ever since. He simply does not like to be messed with. I'm not afraid to say that he is more horse than I know how to handle, which really needs to be remedied as he is a very big boy already. There was no way we were going to get his feet trimmed. He was supposed to go to a trainer a while back to be taught some manners, but circumstances intervened that caused a delay. I hope we'll be able to bring him to the trainer soon.



Here he is hiding behind his mom on the far right. This picture was taken 3 months ago, and he is even bigger today. His half brother (the other brown "baby" is a year older, but Rayo has already passed him in size. He is going to be BIG.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

The knitting is nice but the horses are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Fri Oct 13, 10:24:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home