Wicked Witch of the Wool

My adventures in knitting and my daily life on the farm.

Friday, October 06, 2006

And now on to something completely different....

.....can I have the Letter B, please?

I know, 2 posts in one day. Re-reading my rant from earlier on today I feel the need to put out some more knitting related stuff.
Recently I finished a Noro felted bag. Even though I have a sizeable stash of Noro, I had never knit with it before. I liked knitting with it, but was a little scared of accidentally breaking the yarn. It seems so fragile. Watching the colors unfold was an amazing experience. I used 5 skeins in different colorways. Here is the B for Bag:



Close-up on the B for Button on the Bag



I can't really show you the B for Bobbin, as it is empty right now. I'm supposed to be spinning some more of the yummy Alpaca with a Twist to make enough yarn for a scarf for the DH. He leaves in 4 weeks to go visit his family back home, and it will be really cold there. So I need to get going on that. There's just too many things to do right now.

B is also for Basement. I have my office/storage space down there. Here is a picture of my fiber stash in plastic bags, handspun fiber, and self-dyed yarn. You can also see my meager knitting library.



This is the old couch that got a little facelift and now does duty as my knitting seat whenever I am down in the basement.




And finally, B is for Buck. As in Lancelot, my cashmere buck. He is two years old and raoms around with his two wives. We still haven't seen any "hanky-panky" going on, so whether the does are pregnant or not is still a mystery. I had a gay german shepherd once, so maybe I have a gay goat? Who knows. The earliest due date if he got the deed done right away would be the end of December. The does don't really start to show until 6 weeks pre-partum, so I might see some progress in a good month or so.



Oh, just one more; B is for Ballade. My first horse, who always keeps me on my toes.



Ok, I'll stop after this one. B is for Blue. What shade of Blue are you?

You Are Periwinkle

You're very intuitive and sensitive. You often know other people better than they know themselves.
You're also quite optimistic, and you think well of yourself and others. You know your dreams will come true.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maus said...

Oh I LOVE Ballad's eye lashes, what a wonderful picture :) Usually I find horse pictures a bit , hmm, tacky? but this one is way cool. Hey the felted bag isn't too shabby either, much fun to knit with that stuff isn't it? Its too scratchy for me to wear, that is, I itch in it, the silk garden is better and comes out totally neat after a wash in the front loader!!

Fri Oct 06, 05:26:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home