Wicked Witch of the Wool

My adventures in knitting and my daily life on the farm.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Preparing for Round 4!

It's coming. Round 4 of winter's knockout punch. Starting tonight we'll be getting subzero temperatures and snow. When I was wishing for more moisture I had no idea to what excess my wish would be granted. Oh well, our propane tank was filled yesterday and we have plenty of firewood, so we should be able to stay warm.

Last weekend I had the knitterly ladies over for a fun day of knitting and High Tea. I was afraid that Round 3 of our snowstorms would ruin the day, but most of our members braved the elements and showed up. I had a blast, and I think the ladies did too. Here are a few pictures:

The food table......



A closeup of some of the food.....



3 types of scones, Devon double clotted cream, and cream cheese & walnut sandwiches......



Last closeup.....



Here are Crazy Monkey Christy and Phabulous Phoebe......(no, Christy is not performing the fine art of stripping; it was a little hot in the sun - or so she lead us to believe)



Here we have Anne-of-the-Bottomless-Stash, Emplyoee-of-the-Month-Darcie, and ChocoLoco-Liesel (yum, the hot chocolate is to die for) .......



In this picture you'll see Lady-Back-to-Work-Lisa (more on that later), Chery of the NeverEnding Sock, and Glamgirl Kirsten (whose new hairstyle rocked the place).........



And last but not least; we have Mademoiselle MJ, the new supermodel complete with the hottest accessory of the season, Moby wan Kanobi. Moby says "dare to move lady, and you'll get speared with my daggers!"



I finally finished the front of my Elsebeth Lavold sweater. Now on to the back and the sleeves. Ugh!



In a previous picture, you might be able to see Lisa knitting away on her beautiful Lady Eleanor. Well, I just HAD to jump on the bandwagon and start my own. Not wanting to be a complete copycat I started mine in a different color, Patons Soy Wool Stripes in Natural Plum.



I've placed quite a few orders online for yarn recently. As a matter of fact, I'm sure my husband now wishes that he HAD bought me a birthday present. Too bad, so sad. He he he! I'm anxiously waiting for my Noro Transitions to make the Skeppsta sweater, enough Noro Silk Garden to make the Fitzmaurice sweater, 2 sock kits from the Tsocktsarina (Imbas and Poseidon), and the first intallment from the Socks that Rock Club. I'm sure you're already aware of the problem Blue Moon Fiberarts is having with their bank. If not, go look at the Yarnharlot's blog for a complete explanation. What a mess. I haven't received my credit yet, so I'm holding off on re-ordering until I see it back in my account.

That's it for now. I'm off to get groceries to last through the next 5 days of deep-freeze.

1 Comments:

Blogger MJ said...

The sweater front looks great! I know you are happy about that! I didn't know I was such a "cat person" till yours made friends with me last week! It was fun! Thank you again for having us!

Fri Jan 12, 04:55:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home