Wicked Witch of the Wool

My adventures in knitting and my daily life on the farm.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Storms are over and done with! My birthday was spent cooped up inside, and our plans of going to the Denver Zoo to watch the ZooLights and then on to the Melting Pot for a nice fondue dinner were scrapped. Even worse, the planned KnitMeet at my house on Saturday had to be cancelled too. Well, it is not too big a deal, we'll have the Meet next weekend instead.

Once the snow subsided and the sun came out again, I went outside to snap a few shots of the mayhem. I don't feel like posting pictures of the huge drifts and the deep snow, so here's to the brighter side of what the snows brought:



And:



All the staying inside by the fireplace has given me plenty of time to knit. I finished the Rolling Thunder socks from Knitty:



I joined the Socks that Rock sock kit club for 2007. Even though I haven't seen the STR yarn in person, I am very excited to get started. I also placed an order with Webs for some of their yummy Noro Transitions yarn to make the Skeppsta sweater. Can't wait for it to arrive. I'm back to plodding along on my Elsebeth Lavold sweater. I wish it was finished, but I'm just 8 inches along on the front. It takes forever, but that's ok.

As for New Year's resolutions......whatever. I plan to knit, love, and be merry. I wish that on all of you too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maus said...

Ohhhh, pretty pink socks!! They came out very nice, and you knit them so fast too!

Thu Jan 04, 05:55:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home