Wicked Witch of the Wool

My adventures in knitting and my daily life on the farm.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Long Overdue....

I've been a bad girl. Actually, Blogger has been bad. I had a heck of a time getting anything posted. I've tried 3 or 4 times, but had to give up. So, what all has happened? Quite a bit. We had a wonderful spin-and-knit meet, got snowed in, re-arranged the livingroom furniture, to name a few.

A week and a half ago, on a Saturday, the ladies met up at the Llama Store for some serious knitting and spinning. I didn't bring my wheel along (the Kromski wheel is a hassle to travel with), but many others did.




I want to thank the ladies at the Llama Store for opening up their doors to our wild horde of women. It is really appreciated!
Then last Thursday we had a major snowstorm and blizzard. We got nearly 2 feet of snow, and the drifts were really high. My DH stayed home from work, as the roads out here were completely unpassable and visibility was down to zero. I love staying inside by the fireplace on days like these, but we do have a lot of critters that need extra care in bad weather, so we have to go outside several times a day to make sure they are ok. The aftermath is not so much fun, though. Massive amounts of melting snow equals massive amounts of mud. Yuck! I also have to make special arrangements when we have a big storm. Since we get our water from a well, we are dependent on electricity for water. I always fill up the bathtubs just in case. I also had to make sure we had enough firewood stacked in a dry place. Lots of extra work, but I didn't mind it. It turned out we didn't lose electricity, so all was well.



We still need to finish the house for our billy goat Lancelot, but it was way too muddy last weekend. What better thing to do than re-arrange the whole livingroom. It was a little scary moving the grand piano, but it turned out not to be as heavy as I expected. Speaking of the piano; I just signed up for lessons again. YAY. I start next Tuesday.

With all the stuff going on I haven't been knitting as much as I wanted. I did get halfway on the first front piece of the Twisted Sisters Jaywalking cardigan. I am so not enjoying knitting with cotton. It makes my hands really dry. I do like the result, though. Can't wait for it to be done.



I'm sure I've forgotten a lot that has happened in the last 2 weeks, but that my fault for not posting sooner. No, make it Blogger's fault. ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Maus said...

Wow you got FAR on that cardi! Its a lot of knitting. Yes, cotton can do quite a number on your hands, not as bad as dog frisbees tho, sorry about your nail :(*

Thu Nov 02, 06:38:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home