Wicked Witch of the Wool

My adventures in knitting and my daily life on the farm.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Yarn Crawl

Yesterday was our first Yarn Crawl with the gang. The weather was horrible; lots of rain, but that wasn't going to keep us away from getting our fibery fix.
Linda picked us up in "the Beast" and was our excellent chauffeur while Chery was the navigator. It was very cozy in the back seat and we had loads of fun. Our first stop was Shuttles, Spindles, and Skeins in Boulder. The store was huge with lots of yarn and other goodies, but my yarn-purchasing sense must still have been asleep. I wasn't tempted to buy any yarn. I did however buy 2 cute pins, some nice buttons, and a set of size 00 dpn's.



Here Chery, MJ and Linda are fondling some roving they had in the store. I didn't get any because I have enough roving to last several years.



We met up with birthday girl Lisa and hubby at the store. They were up camping in Estes Park. When we were done shopping at this store we decided to go to lunch near by.



Next stop on the trip was the Lamb Shoppe in Denver. What an absolute delight! The store owner was so helpful and courteous, and we even got free beverages. I did most of my "damage" there: are fabulous pink Namaste bag, skeins of Noro Iro, and 1 skein of Cherry Tree Hill "Water" sock yarn.



Here we all are posing in front of one of the colorful walls of fibery goodness.



The last stop was Strings in Highlands Ranch. I only made one purchase there: a skein of Colinette Jitterbug sock yarn.



We arrived back at my place at the end of a long, fun-filled day. The ladies did stop for long enough to pet "Trouble" the baby goat.

Today the weather was spectacular. A friend and his daughter stopped by to visit.





All in all a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home