Wicked Witch of the Wool

My adventures in knitting and my daily life on the farm.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Another Weekend in the Garden

Look what was delivered in our driveway on Saturday!



The orange machine in the front is an industrial strength wood chipper, and attached to the rear of Kermit the Tractor is a bush hog used to mow pastures. My hubby is so excited and had to try everything right away. With 35 acres mostly consisting of scrub oak, we have plenty of dead wood to chip. That came to good use in my vegetable garden. I didn't like the rocks we had put on the ground, so I removed the rocks while Jan got to play with the wood chipper. This is the end result:



I finished off the day by turning a cattle panel into a trellis over the seating area. There are grape vines growing in the beds on either side, so I hope to eventually be able to train them to grow across the trellis.



I plan on moving around as little as possible for what is left of the weekend to give my back a rest. It might be time to get out my long neglected knitting. I promise to show more knitting in the next post.

4 Comments:

Blogger Maus said...

beautiful :)
I love walking on the wood mulch, its so soft and springy.
the trellis looks great, hope your grapes will grow and cover it and then we can sit unter it and pluck the good stuff :)

Sun Jun 03, 07:25:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really pretty Ellen!

Mon Jun 04, 01:06:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Pennie said...

WOW, who has time to knit :) cute blog

Mon Jun 04, 03:47:00 PM 2007  
Blogger pkraus said...

I really like the cattle panel trellis. I've been looking for an idea to grow Hops on. This might be the very thing!

Sun Jul 15, 10:11:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home